Sunday, August 23, 2009

Touching base

This is a quick post to let everyone know I am back from my holiday. I had a great 10 days with my son in Montana at Cub Scout Camp, then canoeing down the Bow River in Southern Alberta all interspersed with time with family. It has been a great summer and I am looking forward to a fantastic fall.

As outlined by the Clarity Questions http://sustainablestartup.blogspot.com/2009/05/answers-from-plan-hq.html for Sustainable Startup the end of the Quarter is approaching on August 31/09. We had three Widly Important Goals to accomplish. I wanted to touch base on where we are at with these.

Goal 1. Average one quality post per week as rated by the members. May 7th was when the goals were posted which equals 12 posts required to meet the quantitative part of the goal. This is post 10 and I have completed post 11, The Working Plan Defined, which will go up Tuesday August 25th. I will have one other post completed and up by the end of the month which will make 12 posts. Post 12 will be demonstration of how to develop and use a working plan based on the clarity and setting the goals/tasks of Sustainable Startup up for the next month (September) and Quarter, (ending December 31/09) running through the working plan process. The first post in September will be a post asking your candid feedback on the blog and the content in particular. Getting your feedback will allow us to see if we are satisfying the qualitative part of the goal - the quality of the posts as determined by the members.

Goal 2. Grow from 25 followers to 40 members by the end of August. We are at 37 as of today. 3 more to go in the next week. If you think this Sustainable Startup blog worthy we would sure appreciate you recommending it to anyone you think would appropriately benefit.

Goal 3. Have a rough outline for a book. I am anticipating that the outline for the book will be following a similar outline that this Blog has. We will spend time next weekend compiling what we have learned since starting this blog and post a rough outline by month end.

Sustainable Startup Bootcamp held it's second session. Seven of us were in attendance. I thought the energy was really good! If anyone who was there would like to discuss any aspect of it please feel free to comment in the comment section at the bottom of this blog. Two highlights for me: 1.) We are adhering to the values of the bootcamp that the participants defined as most important because of the measurable tasks we put in place - this is a working plan in action! 2.) Clarity Question Challenge, I am looking forward to one on one phone time with each of you over the course of the next month to further review, refine and challenge you on your Clarity Questions.

Lastly, I have some emails that a few of you sent me that I will be getting caught up on in the next couple of weeks. I will follow up via email or phone if appropriate. I hope you have all had a GREAT summer, I look forward to a fantastic fall.

With great regard,
Cameron

1 comment:

  1. In regards to your book check out the community and social media blog at http://www.chrisbrogan.com/

    Chris is doing a amazing job pre-marketing his book "Trust Agents" online. http://www.chrisbrogan.com/where-to-buy-trust-agents/

    ReplyDelete